Skip to main content

The Rejected Are Now Accepted

Rejection: to rebuff; especially, to deny acceptance, care, love (to someone) [a rejected child]. That is how the New World Dictionary defines this troubling word.
That Paul is the author of Romans is virtually undisputed. The book is generally dated to A.D. 57, probably during Paul’s third missionary journey. It is believed that Paul wrote this letter from Corinth (Archaeological Study Bible NIV.) In the following verses, Paul talks about rejection, although he is speaking of another kind of rejection.
This is a quote from this same Bible. It is Paul, the apostle speaking about rejection: “I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?” (Romans 11:13-15)
To be rejected is painful; it is unfair, destructive, and condemning as well. Many of us have at one time or another experienced rejection, many of us never got over it either. Unfortunately, victims can carry their rejection long after those who rejected them have forgotten all about it. In Christ, we have no rejection. (Psalm 94:12-14) says; “Blessed is the man You discipline, O Lord, the man You teach from Your law; You grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked. For the Lord will not forsake His inheritance.” We have a Savior—one who will redeem us; unless, we reject Him. I pray no one who reads this message has any thoughts of this kind of rejection.
After Jesus sent out seventy-two others ahead of Him to every town and place He was about to go; He told them in (Luke 10:16) “He who listens to you listens to Me; he who rejects you rejects Me; but he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”
Like I stated before; yes, to be rejected is painful and unfair, but, it can be condemning for us in a very serious way if we are the ones rejecting God; His Son Jesus; or His Holy Spirit.
Have you, or are you facing rejection now in your life? I understand, and I am sorry you are going through this troublesome time. I hope you will allow me to pray right now for your hurt. This is my prayer for you: “Lord, You of all, understand the pain and hurt of rejection. You experienced it in a most personal way for me, for us, for this person who right now needs Your acceptance. Lord, I pray You help the one who this prayer is for, to experience Your peace, and Your love, so they are released from any shackles of rejection. You Lord are our salvation, our hope and healing. Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers and for accepting us as sinners. We do believe in You Lord, and we will not be guilty anymore ourselves of any kind of rejection; especially, of You.” Amen.
If this prayer is for you, and you pray this with me, I believe any rejection you have felt in the past, is now release; in Jesus’ name. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Faith

I wonder, do you think we miss God’s purpose for our lives because we are waiting to learn more of what God has planned for us? Truth is; God isn’t required to lay it all out for us. All He must do if He has a plan for our lives is to show us how and then enable us to do it. It seems when we don’t know all the particulars, life is too perplexing. We think, “ but I need to know just what God wants me to do.” Abram (later known as Abraham) probably had thoughts just like this. God asked Abram to go somewhere he wasn’t familiar with and he most likely thought of asking God, Lord, must I go somewhere I don’t know, can’t I just stay here in Haran? However, God’s plan for Abram was far greater than anything Abram could ever imagine. Our personal feelings, vision, and human reasoning will always get in the way of our walk of faith . God teaches us to have faith in Him by placing us in positions where our feelings, vision, and common knowledge don’t work for us. Haven’t you ex...
Over the past few years I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what He has given me; many times I was awakened in the middle of the night to write them down. I hope you will take look at these brief messages which can be found in the "sidebar" of this blog under the heading of "BLOG ARCHIVE." There may be something in these that personally speaks to you. I pray there is. Thanks for reading my blog and may God richly bless you.

Get Out Of Your Boat

In (Matthew 14:25) Jesus had told the disciples to get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side of the lake. The Bible says; He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. The wind was strong that night and the waves buffeted the small boat, tossing it to and fro. It would have been a frightening time to be out on the water; especially that late at night. The men in the boat trembled with fear, and when they saw Jesus walking out to them on the water they thought He was a ghost. Jesus assured them it was He and they should not be afraid. Peter, one of the disciples, said, “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come to You on the water!” Jesus told him, “Come.” Peter stepped out of the boat, walked toward Jesus, but when he saw the wind; the Bible says, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Peter’s faith was strong, at first. He was walking on the top of the waves just as Jesus was, but the moment he allowed himself to think rationally instead of t...