Skip to main content

God Are You Here?

There was a time in my life when my job as; Creative Director for a national advertising agency in Dallas, scuba diving and motorcycles, and looking for profitable investments were the most important things in my life. These were my selfish priorities because they were all about just me.

What about God and family you ask? Back then I was so busy with my selfish priorities I didn’t have time for anyone else but me and my “friends.” Which did not include my family or God. My busy schedule was all about me and my wants – I see now how stupid and foolish I really was. God could have punished me for all my greed, and I would have deserved His punishment because not only did I deny my first wife and two kids my time and love as their husband and father, I denied my Lord, the Savior of my very soul. I am forgiven and wiser now. And, I am so sorry for neglecting all of these who really should have been my only priorities.

Oh God, your grace is so wonderful! So, I once was lost, but now I am found! It took me two failed marriages and untold losses of everything that used to be important to me for me to finally hear God’s voice, and to ask Him to forgive me and show me who He wanted me to be. He did! I came back to Him in 2001. I am thankful He was patient with me! Because, He is now my number one priority, and my wonderful wife Sally comes in right behind Him. There are other members of my family I hope to regain one day.

Do I feel God around me all the time now? Well, speaking honestly, no. But then, there are those times when He is so close I can feel His sweet breath upon my face. Still, there are times when I must admit, I do ask Him; “God are you here?” I don’t like it when I can’t feel His powerful presence. I know it’s me though, not Him that has become separated.

Would you like to know why we have these lonely times feeling separated from God? It's not because He deserted us, no, no! Remember He is divinely omnipresent, that is to say; He is everywhere all at the same time! And, He did promise in (Hebrews 13:5); “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” It is we who have caused ourselves to become separated from Him. Maybe we fail to meet Him in His sanctuary (church), or it’s been too long since we have been in His Word (reading our Bible.) There are many ways we can separate ourselves from God. Have you separated yourself from Him? When was the last time you got on your knees and sought Him in prayer? We need to be in constant prayer with Him – we need to be seeking His will and advice in everything we do. He wants to be that close to us, and we need to be that close to Him!

Why not seek Him now? Just close your mind to everything else for a moment and ask…”God, are you here?” I do believe if you are sincere He will acknowledge your question, confirming He is here now with you. I pray His and your relationship is renewed, and that you grow in His love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sanctity Given

A person can’t accomplish sanctification by themselves no matter how much he or she studies the Word or desires this quality. It is not even something God would produce in you as something you would contemplate yourself. Instead it is the Holy Spirit, His Spirit of holiness alone, who can or will communicate His holiness and continue to renew the same in you. By our complete faith we become partakers of His holiness. It is Jesus who sanctifies us for God.  (1 Corinthians 1:30) says, “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God – and righteousness and sanctification and redemption – that, as it is written, 'He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.'” We seek to surrender ourselves to God by faith, so He may enable us to live life moment by moment. By His Spirit, we are to believe the Lord will, lead us into, and keep us in, this life of holiness and consecration to God’s service. We choose to live in obedience of faith, listening to God’s voice – the

A Dead Battery

Last year, around the end of summer, our power-mower gave up the ghost. It was getting harder and harder to start every time I wanted to use it. So, I finally gave in to buying a new one. Bless her heart, my wife Sally told me if she didn’t have to pull that difficult, old starter-cord every time she wouldn’t mind helping me mow every once in a while. She even said it might be good exercise for her. This extra help with the yard work would be welcomed I thought. I went online checking out the outrageous prices of new lawnmowers; it had been four or five years since I bought our last one. Most of the retailers; Lowes, Home Depot,  WalMart and Sears were priced about the same, still way too much for me, but if I was going to get something Sally could start easily it would have to be one of the new key-start models where she didn’t have to pull a cord, she could just turn the key, like her car, and it would start right up. I bought one of these new models.They are great! Last week, an

We Rob God

Were God a greedy God He would expect ninety percent of our earnings leaving us the remaining ten to support our needs, He doesn’t though. Instead, He asks exactly the opposite of our potential, one tenth, a tithe. Have we excluded God out of our plans? Sure we have! Do we continue to exclude Him from what we want to believe is rightfully our world, our government, our lives? We not only exclude Him, we deny Him of what is rightfully His from the very beginning. Even worse, as a nation, a world, a people we deny He exist! We have declared He has no place in our government, our public buildings, and our schools. Pity us, it is no wonder we are under a curse as a nation with so much turmoil in our lives – we are robbing God. This is not a sermon, but wait, yes, it is! We are truly guilty of “me-ism.” We have become a world of “what about me?” Our insatiable greed has consumed us, so we have no choice but to continue feeding our monster, because it’s demanding more and more. Nothing is