Skip to main content

Father Can You Hear Me?

What in this world could possibly be more important than the relationship we have with our fathers? I’m talking here of our earthly fathers, but I am also referring to that most important relationship we must have with our heavenly Father. We can blame our lack of this important relationship on them; to tell the truth, haven’t we all done this before? Sure, they were too busy most of the time for us. We wished they hadn’t been. Still, we shared some responsibility for being close by not including them in what we were doing, especially, as we were growing up.  Didn’t we feel we needed our friends more back then? And so, after we left home, got married, had babies of our own, we were then too busy for our fathers. Sad, it is!

I don’t know, maybe your earthly father is still around, mine is not. He passed away several years ago. So many times in my life I wanted more quality time with my father.  Many times, in the past, I have thought about how in all those years I could have found more opportunities to be with my dad, to include him, and not wait for him to reach out to me. I have cried, of course I have. I cry now even as I share this with you.  I would like to tell him how much I have loved him, and still love him!  I can, now, even though it’s impossible to know the miles between here and heaven; this kind of love honors God, our heavenly Father, as it reaches my earthly father who is now in heaven with Him. This is my prayer to my earthly father. 

[“Oh dad, as you sit in heaven, I want to tell you I am sorry for all those opportunities we had but didn’t take to spend more time together. I know truly you wanted them just like I did, but for some stupid reason we didn’t take that precious time when we could have. There was a lot of my life I could have shared with you as there must have been more of yours you would have liked to share with me. Our relationship hasn’t ended though, no, no, this Godly Father you and I share will see to it that we will never be apart again. His Son Jesus saw to that for us over 2000 years ago. Thank you, Jesus.
Father, can you hear me? I believe you can and now have.”

your son,
Melton]

Friends, if your father is still alive, it’s not too late to forgive and forget any past differences or hurts Satan would like to perpetuate between you and your dad (or mother.) Take the responsibility now of being the one to repair your relationship with them. It’s true, love conquers all hurts!

I would like to share a video and some music from a DVD performed by Mike and the Mechanics in London. The song is; “The Living Years.” It is about this father/son or daughter relationship I feel is so important. I hope you enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mPS0-2Xq8&ob=av3n

You may also be blessed by reading this end-time prophesy about fathers and their children in the last book and chapter of the Old Testament:  Malachi 4:4-5.

I hope you will pass this message along to someone who may need to rebuild their relationship with their father.

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Faith

I wonder, do you think we miss God’s purpose for our lives because we are waiting to learn more of what God has planned for us? Truth is; God isn’t required to lay it all out for us. All He must do if He has a plan for our lives is to show us how and then enable us to do it. It seems when we don’t know all the particulars, life is too perplexing. We think, “ but I need to know just what God wants me to do.” Abram (later known as Abraham) probably had thoughts just like this. God asked Abram to go somewhere he wasn’t familiar with and he most likely thought of asking God, Lord, must I go somewhere I don’t know, can’t I just stay here in Haran? However, God’s plan for Abram was far greater than anything Abram could ever imagine. Our personal feelings, vision, and human reasoning will always get in the way of our walk of faith . God teaches us to have faith in Him by placing us in positions where our feelings, vision, and common knowledge don’t work for us. Haven’t you ex...
Over the past few years I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what He has given me; many times I was awakened in the middle of the night to write them down. I hope you will take look at these brief messages which can be found in the "sidebar" of this blog under the heading of "BLOG ARCHIVE." There may be something in these that personally speaks to you. I pray there is. Thanks for reading my blog and may God richly bless you.

Get Out Of Your Boat

In (Matthew 14:25) Jesus had told the disciples to get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side of the lake. The Bible says; He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. The wind was strong that night and the waves buffeted the small boat, tossing it to and fro. It would have been a frightening time to be out on the water; especially that late at night. The men in the boat trembled with fear, and when they saw Jesus walking out to them on the water they thought He was a ghost. Jesus assured them it was He and they should not be afraid. Peter, one of the disciples, said, “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come to You on the water!” Jesus told him, “Come.” Peter stepped out of the boat, walked toward Jesus, but when he saw the wind; the Bible says, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Peter’s faith was strong, at first. He was walking on the top of the waves just as Jesus was, but the moment he allowed himself to think rationally instead of t...