Skip to main content

A Generous Man



“There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works them all. (1 Corinthians 11:4-7).

A generous man will himself be blessed for he shares his food with the poor. (Proverbs 22:9)

When you think of people being generous do you tend to think of them as big money givers? I guess typically we do, but generosity is more about the attitude with which we give than the actual gift. A person can be generous with their finances, and they can be generous with their time, their talents, or their personal belongings such as; their home, car, land or other personal property. We can even be generous with our caring and our comforting hugs. Our willingness or act of giving of what we have defines our generosity and determines who we are in Christ.

We are to have the mind of Christ, the Bible tells us in (1 Corinthians 2:16). Jesus was generous to the point of giving everything!

How are you generous? What more can you give? I challenge you to think about these questions. Ask God to show you the resources He has already given you and then pray He will show you where and how you can use them for His sake. Generosity is not only about your money, it’s about your attitude about giving. We all have an incredible potential for being generous in our own way. I encourage you to give from what you have already been given. All His gifts are all useful in His Kingdom! May God bless your generosity! 

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Faith

I wonder, do you think we miss God’s purpose for our lives because we are waiting to learn more of what God has planned for us? Truth is; God isn’t required to lay it all out for us. All He must do if He has a plan for our lives is to show us how and then enable us to do it. It seems when we don’t know all the particulars, life is too perplexing. We think, “ but I need to know just what God wants me to do.” Abram (later known as Abraham) probably had thoughts just like this. God asked Abram to go somewhere he wasn’t familiar with and he most likely thought of asking God, Lord, must I go somewhere I don’t know, can’t I just stay here in Haran? However, God’s plan for Abram was far greater than anything Abram could ever imagine. Our personal feelings, vision, and human reasoning will always get in the way of our walk of faith . God teaches us to have faith in Him by placing us in positions where our feelings, vision, and common knowledge don’t work for us. Haven’t you ex...
Over the past few years I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what He has given me; many times I was awakened in the middle of the night to write them down. I hope you will take look at these brief messages which can be found in the "sidebar" of this blog under the heading of "BLOG ARCHIVE." There may be something in these that personally speaks to you. I pray there is. Thanks for reading my blog and may God richly bless you.

Get Out Of Your Boat

In (Matthew 14:25) Jesus had told the disciples to get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side of the lake. The Bible says; He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. The wind was strong that night and the waves buffeted the small boat, tossing it to and fro. It would have been a frightening time to be out on the water; especially that late at night. The men in the boat trembled with fear, and when they saw Jesus walking out to them on the water they thought He was a ghost. Jesus assured them it was He and they should not be afraid. Peter, one of the disciples, said, “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come to You on the water!” Jesus told him, “Come.” Peter stepped out of the boat, walked toward Jesus, but when he saw the wind; the Bible says, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Peter’s faith was strong, at first. He was walking on the top of the waves just as Jesus was, but the moment he allowed himself to think rationally instead of t...