Skip to main content

I Will Not Believe


Thomas, often referred to as the Twin, was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples. He was by reputation a “show-me” kind of guy. When the others would go with whatever Jesus said, Thomas must have been one who would hold back for want of more details, more facts. It wasn’t that he didn’t love and respect Jesus, he certainly did. At that time when Jesus learned of Lazarus’ sickness Jesus wanted to return to Judea to be with Lazarus. Thomas suggested they all go. He was ready even to join Jesus in dying if necessary. The disciples had warned Jesus of the threat of the Jews wanting to stone Him back in Judea, still Thomas suggested, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him” (John 11:16). Later, after the crucifixion and the resurrection Jesus appeared to the disciples behind closed doors. Thomas was not there at the time, so the disciples told him later about how they had seen Jesus alive! Thomas wasn’t accepting any of what they were saying. He vehemently said to them; “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my fingers into His side, I will not believe” (John 20:25).

Eight days later, Thomas this time was with the other disciples, again with the doors shut Jesus came into their midst saying, “Peace to you!” He turned and said to Thomas; “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into my side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing” (John 20:27). Thomas did as Jesus asked and he immediately believed.

Jesus acknowledged Thomas’ belief of seeing with Him with his own eyes, and then Jesus continued by also declaring, “Blessed are those who have not seen yet have believed” (John 20:29).

I will to believe in the resurrected Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Will you?

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Faith

I wonder, do you think we miss God’s purpose for our lives because we are waiting to learn more of what God has planned for us? Truth is; God isn’t required to lay it all out for us. All He must do if He has a plan for our lives is to show us how and then enable us to do it. It seems when we don’t know all the particulars, life is too perplexing. We think, “ but I need to know just what God wants me to do.” Abram (later known as Abraham) probably had thoughts just like this. God asked Abram to go somewhere he wasn’t familiar with and he most likely thought of asking God, Lord, must I go somewhere I don’t know, can’t I just stay here in Haran? However, God’s plan for Abram was far greater than anything Abram could ever imagine. Our personal feelings, vision, and human reasoning will always get in the way of our walk of faith . God teaches us to have faith in Him by placing us in positions where our feelings, vision, and common knowledge don’t work for us. Haven’t you ex...
Over the past few years I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what He has given me; many times I was awakened in the middle of the night to write them down. I hope you will take look at these brief messages which can be found in the "sidebar" of this blog under the heading of "BLOG ARCHIVE." There may be something in these that personally speaks to you. I pray there is. Thanks for reading my blog and may God richly bless you.

Get Out Of Your Boat

In (Matthew 14:25) Jesus had told the disciples to get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side of the lake. The Bible says; He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. The wind was strong that night and the waves buffeted the small boat, tossing it to and fro. It would have been a frightening time to be out on the water; especially that late at night. The men in the boat trembled with fear, and when they saw Jesus walking out to them on the water they thought He was a ghost. Jesus assured them it was He and they should not be afraid. Peter, one of the disciples, said, “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come to You on the water!” Jesus told him, “Come.” Peter stepped out of the boat, walked toward Jesus, but when he saw the wind; the Bible says, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Peter’s faith was strong, at first. He was walking on the top of the waves just as Jesus was, but the moment he allowed himself to think rationally instead of t...