Skip to main content

We Love Our Mothers!

My mother's name was Laura, she passed away in 1978 at the young age of 58. I loved my mother. My most precious memory of her is that she loved me! Always sacrificing, always patient, and always supporting whatever I wanted to do. Mother, was my great defender. When I wanted to learn to drive our car (a 1947 Chevy) at the young age of 12, my dad said NO!, but mother said, "Oh Bill, he's just curious, take him out to the car and show him how to shift the gears and where the pedals are." Dad did! I started driving alone at the age of 14! Mother would also insist dad take me to work with him on Saturdays. He was a mechanical draftsman. He taught me to draw when I was only seven there at his office each Saturday. Dad and I spent important time together; father and son, because mother encouraged us! 

I remember when I first discovered little girls, and later, as a young teenage boy started to date, she would tell me before I left the house, "Melton, you be careful, those little girls can get you in trouble." I found out later in life how right she was! She did try to warn me. (LOL).

I'll bet you have some wonderful memories of your mother too. Today, whether they are living or they are deceased, we remember all our dear mothers. This is their day! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! God, bless all you wonderful women. YOU are so very special, enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dead Battery

Last year, around the end of summer, our power-mower gave up the ghost. It was getting harder and harder to start every time I wanted to use it. So, I finally gave in to buying a new one. Bless her heart, my wife Sally told me if she didn’t have to pull that difficult, old starter-cord every time she wouldn’t mind helping me mow every once in a while. She even said it might be good exercise for her. This extra help with the yard work would be welcomed I thought. I went online checking out the outrageous prices of new lawnmowers; it had been four or five years since I bought our last one. Most of the retailers; Lowes, Home Depot,  WalMart and Sears were priced about the same, still way too much for me, but if I was going to get something Sally could start easily it would have to be one of the new key-start models where she didn’t have to pull a cord, she could just turn the key, like her car, and it would start right up. I bought one of these new models.They are great! Last week, an

We Rob God

Were God a greedy God He would expect ninety percent of our earnings leaving us the remaining ten to support our needs, He doesn’t though. Instead, He asks exactly the opposite of our potential, one tenth, a tithe. Have we excluded God out of our plans? Sure we have! Do we continue to exclude Him from what we want to believe is rightfully our world, our government, our lives? We not only exclude Him, we deny Him of what is rightfully His from the very beginning. Even worse, as a nation, a world, a people we deny He exist! We have declared He has no place in our government, our public buildings, and our schools. Pity us, it is no wonder we are under a curse as a nation with so much turmoil in our lives – we are robbing God. This is not a sermon, but wait, yes, it is! We are truly guilty of “me-ism.” We have become a world of “what about me?” Our insatiable greed has consumed us, so we have no choice but to continue feeding our monster, because it’s demanding more and more. Nothing is

Taming The Tongue

In The Epistle of James, the Bible warns that our tongues must be controlled, for with it we are able to speak both good and evil. The tongue is compared by James to a fire from hell defiling the body. He goes on to describe it also as, an unruly evil, full of deadly poison, which can not be tamed. (James 3:9, 10) “With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things should not be so.” There have been many people who have been destroyed in the church because of Satan’s use of the tongue. He (Satan) can start ugly rumors among believers in Christ that ultimately get passed on through gossip in His church, which according to his plan divides Christians. We should pray that God allows us to discern good from evil and we speak healing not hurtful words! As the Holy Spirit controls our tongues we speak truth, edification, healing, and encouragement. Let us cal