Skip to main content

Feet from Stumbling

“For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life” (Psalm 56:13).

It was only after reading this Scripture over again a few times was I was able to understand its powerful meaning. Jesus came to this world for only one purpose to save us. For only thirty-three years, and approximately two and a half in His ministry, He walked and stumbled just as we do, and He so perfectly set our example for living before God in the light of life. His death and resurrection saves us from eternal death, His example of living shows us how God intends for us to live healthy, righteous lives avoiding obstacles He knows will trip us up in our walk with Him.

At seventy, going on seventy-one, in good health and able to walk and run (short distances only) as I need to – thanks be to God – I have been walking for what nearly seventy years? I guess. Walking is something I do a lot of, but every once in a while I trip on something or stumble. I may look back after I have regained my balance and say; “What happened – How did I do that?” Life is like this. Every once in a while we’ll slip in our walk with the Lord and we’ll do something we shouldn’t. Sometimes we get hurt and then we realize we need to be more careful of what we are doing or saying. We all make mistakes, but Jesus is always there when we do. His Holy Spirit is within us to show us the way and to lift us up to where we belong.

Jesus puts our feet back upon solid ground, not on slippery ice or mud; rock solid ground. We walk now confidently, correctly, always in balance because of Him! Had Jesus been a rock star back the eighties, He would have been the perfect one to sing that popular song “Walk This Way!” This is what He is always saying to us through His Holy Spirit, “Now, walk this way,” His way. He is our excellent example.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dead Battery

Last year, around the end of summer, our power-mower gave up the ghost. It was getting harder and harder to start every time I wanted to use it. So, I finally gave in to buying a new one. Bless her heart, my wife Sally told me if she didn’t have to pull that difficult, old starter-cord every time she wouldn’t mind helping me mow every once in a while. She even said it might be good exercise for her. This extra help with the yard work would be welcomed I thought. I went online checking out the outrageous prices of new lawnmowers; it had been four or five years since I bought our last one. Most of the retailers; Lowes, Home Depot,  WalMart and Sears were priced about the same, still way too much for me, but if I was going to get something Sally could start easily it would have to be one of the new key-start models where she didn’t have to pull a cord, she could just turn the key, like her car, and it would start right up. I bought one of these new models.They are great! Last week, an

Go In Peace

The following prayer was prayed by the apostle Paul for the Ephesian people, it is from the Book of Ephesians; and as written by Paul. In this prayer, Paul was blessing the people with more than just good health or prosperity. He was praying for them that God with all His power would increase the indwelling of His Holy Spirit in the Ephesians. He was asking God to confirm in their inner being that out of His love for them Christ would be with them forever. Paul, himself had a tremendous feeling of love for the Ephesians, because he was bestowing upon them some of the most powerful, loving considerations someone could pray for others. This is one of my most favorite Scriptures. Today, the apostle Paul remains our good teacher in Christ. This morning, I am following Paul’s example, praying this model of his prayer for you . Why? Because as I love Jesus, and want to follow His teachings; I am aware that He loves you and wants to bless you. So now, I also pray His blessings upon you.

We Rob God

Were God a greedy God He would expect ninety percent of our earnings leaving us the remaining ten to support our needs, He doesn’t though. Instead, He asks exactly the opposite of our potential, one tenth, a tithe. Have we excluded God out of our plans? Sure we have! Do we continue to exclude Him from what we want to believe is rightfully our world, our government, our lives? We not only exclude Him, we deny Him of what is rightfully His from the very beginning. Even worse, as a nation, a world, a people we deny He exist! We have declared He has no place in our government, our public buildings, and our schools. Pity us, it is no wonder we are under a curse as a nation with so much turmoil in our lives – we are robbing God. This is not a sermon, but wait, yes, it is! We are truly guilty of “me-ism.” We have become a world of “what about me?” Our insatiable greed has consumed us, so we have no choice but to continue feeding our monster, because it’s demanding more and more. Nothing is