Skip to main content

His Shed Blood


All our talk in church of the blood of Christ may disturb many. It used to bother me. However, I realize now without the sacrificed blood of Christ on the cross there would be no Christianity. In (Hebrews 9:22) the Bible says, “Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.”

According to God’s law our redemption was possible only by transferring our sin to a perfect substitute. In those early days of the Bible, an Israelite would select an unblemished lamb; he would then place his hand upon the head of the lamb, confess his sin, and then pass the animal over to a priest for sacrifice. In today’s world, as believers in Christ Jesus, we are redeemed by His forgiveness. Our sacrifice is Jesus, a divine, sinless Savior who was sent by God to take our guilt and penalty upon Himself, so we could be forgiven, and once again be worthy of a personal relationship with our Almighty God.

Are you forgiven? You are if you accepted Jesus’ death as your substitutionary perfect sacrifice, and have received Him as your Savior by faith. This simple proclamation redeems you, and you no longer bear your sin. He (Jesus) willingly took that sin and your penalty for it upon Himself for you!

From heaven, God who laid down His law that the sinful soul must die looks at the sacrifice made for you, sees your penalty paid-in-full, and declares you righteous. Your righteousness, made possible by the shed blood of Jesus allows you to enter God’s presence. Our relationship restored; we can now enjoy oneness with Him as we pray. We can know God listens to our prayers with great interest. All that was lost between God and mankind back in the Garden of Eden is now restored for each new believer in His Son Jesus. We can now enjoy an eternal relationship with God. Read (John 3:16) to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Faith

I wonder, do you think we miss God’s purpose for our lives because we are waiting to learn more of what God has planned for us? Truth is; God isn’t required to lay it all out for us. All He must do if He has a plan for our lives is to show us how and then enable us to do it. It seems when we don’t know all the particulars, life is too perplexing. We think, “ but I need to know just what God wants me to do.” Abram (later known as Abraham) probably had thoughts just like this. God asked Abram to go somewhere he wasn’t familiar with and he most likely thought of asking God, Lord, must I go somewhere I don’t know, can’t I just stay here in Haran? However, God’s plan for Abram was far greater than anything Abram could ever imagine. Our personal feelings, vision, and human reasoning will always get in the way of our walk of faith . God teaches us to have faith in Him by placing us in positions where our feelings, vision, and common knowledge don’t work for us. Haven’t you ex...

Get Out Of Your Boat

In (Matthew 14:25) Jesus had told the disciples to get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side of the lake. The Bible says; He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. The wind was strong that night and the waves buffeted the small boat, tossing it to and fro. It would have been a frightening time to be out on the water; especially that late at night. The men in the boat trembled with fear, and when they saw Jesus walking out to them on the water they thought He was a ghost. Jesus assured them it was He and they should not be afraid. Peter, one of the disciples, said, “Lord, if it’s You, tell me to come to You on the water!” Jesus told him, “Come.” Peter stepped out of the boat, walked toward Jesus, but when he saw the wind; the Bible says, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Peter’s faith was strong, at first. He was walking on the top of the waves just as Jesus was, but the moment he allowed himself to think rationally instead of t...

THIS IS A SPECIAL POSTING. PLEASE READ!

In addition to my daily message today, this is something very special I believe the Lord wants me to post right now! Help Me Overcome My Unbelief! As a Christian, I believe God loves me and wants the best for me. Certainly, in His Word (Psalm 103:3 NIV) the Psalmist wrote; Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits – who forgives all your (my) sins and heals all your (my) diseases, who redeems your (my) life from the pit…. I know this, really I do! Still, there are times when I don’t see God actually doing what I expect Him to do; to save me from my trouble; to provide me with what I want; and to provide the healing release I expect. Before I became a Christian I really had a problem with faith, much less be able to cling to any promises God made to me; regardless of whether I was a Christian or not! Therefore, I understand how we can have moments of unbelief, or we can just flat out not trust what God has promised us. This is Satan at work, big time !  “Get...